Growth of demand for packaging machinery in Mexico is exceeding earlier industry projections. And with a packaging machinery demand average yearly growth rate of 4.1% over the last five years—reaching 8% in 2017 over the previous year—signs indicate that growth will continue in 2019, according to the 2018 Packaging Machinery Opportunities in Mexico report from the event organizer PMMI.
With this in mind, EXPO PACK Guadalajara 2019 offers up a perfect opportunity to learn about technological advances and analyze industry trends. The exposition will bring together more than 800 exhibiting companies and 16,000 attendees over 15,000 sq m at Expo Guadalajara, in the capital of the state of Jalisco, from June 11-13, 2019.
Exhibitors have shown special interest this year in presenting technological solutions that respond to CPGs struggling to meet a growing demand in volume and requests.
Visitors will be able to “discover and obtain new ideas and solutions, see the latest equipment and technologies running live, experience the latest developments in the processing and packaging industries, and evaluate the advances in automation and processing,” says Jorge Martínez Garibay, EXPO PACK General Director.
The tendencies that dominate the most developed markets in the world are the same that impact manufacturers of consumer products in Latin America today. There’s an increased concern and sensitivity for the care of the environment from consumers and governments that find answers in lighter, recyclable, and reusable packaging solutions. There’s a need to comply with new regulations on labelling, particularly in the food and beverage, bakery and medical markets. As mentioned above, Latin America is increasingly looking to packaging and processing automation. Finally, there’s a desire for simpler packaging designs that enhance consumer experience and open opportunities for the growth of new and diverse sales channels, such as e-commerce.
These realities will be addressed in Guadalajara, providing solutions to all supply chain links, from raw materials and inputs to end-of-line solutions for vertical markets. Presentations and exhibitors are diverse, covering a wide range of industries including food, beverages, confectionery, bakery and snacks, medical/pharmaceutical, cosmetics/personal care, and chemical. Visitors will watch live operation of solutions and hear exhibitors explain new technologies that will improve their operations. Additionally, EXPO PACK will offer international pavilions from Argentina, Canada, China, France, Italy, Spain and the U.S.
EXPO PACK Guadalajara 2019 anticipates, in its offer of solutions and educational agenda, what producers of consumer goods will need to sustain their competitiveness in the long term, paying special attention to the key megatrends that are defining the course of the markets, such as progress towards a circular economy, new packaging requirements for e-commerce, automation of production, and the adoption of Industry 4.0 concepts. One new set if items at EXPO PACK Guadalajara 2019 will be the new Keynotes EXPO PACK educational program, which includes keynote lectures by world-class speakers, scheduled every day of the show, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., before its opening. Speakers will include David Luttenberger, Global Packaging Director of Mintel, who will discuss packaging’s role in e-commerce; Alejandro Salgado, PhD, co -founder and director of Neurosketch, who will discuss the potential reality of a sustainable, circular economy; and a panel on operational efficiency.
Visitors can register online at pwgo.to/5037, and travelers can find negotiated hotel, air and travel packages at pwgo.to/5038 . Registration is free until May 21, after which a modest fee will apply.
Eight compelling reasons to attend EXPO PACK Guadalajara
There are many reasons to say EXPO PACK is a meeting that Latin American professionals of packaging and processing cannot do without, but we will point out eight as the most relevant:
1. EXPO PACK Guadalajara is a place where solutions are adjusted to the realities and conditions of Latin American markets. It is a space to take advantage of academic programming and proximity to other professionals of the industry in the region that speaks the same language and shares similar expectations.
2. This year’s version is the largest so far. In 2019 more than 110 new exhibitors will be part of EXPO PACK Guadalajara.
3. Espacio para Innovadores (Innovation Stage) Every day of the show, from 12.00 pm to 4.30 pm, attendees can benefit from free educational 30-minutes conferences presented by suppliers to highlight key packaging and processing innovations on the show floor. No registration is required to attend.
4. The academic program will open interesting perspectives on the opportunities of the new market conditions. Experts including David Luttenberger, Global Packaging, Mintel, and Alejandro Salgado PhD, Neurosketch, will reveal essential keys to active participants in promising markets such as e-commerce, and will help companies producing packaged goods to advance in the purposes of the circular economy and improve their brands competitiveness and reputation.
5. Visitors will have the opportunity to attend events such as the one organized by the Association for Advancing Automation, on June 12, in which the full day will be devoted to a comprehensive Industrial Robots Safety Training program.
6. Likewise, the EXPO PACK Verde (EXPO PACK Green) program returns to Guadalajara. Here, processing and packaging technologies that are making a difference in the commitment of companies to the sustainability of packaging are analyzed and promoted.
7. Attending EXPO PACK Guadalajara is comfortable, simple, and economic. With the Map Your Show application, available at pwgo.to/5037, visitors can know in advance when exhibitors of interest are present and create itineraries to visit their stands, attend events on the academic agenda, and meet with colleagues and industry professionals.
8. EXPO PACK Guadalajara takes place at a location with an easy access for visitors from Mexican states such as Guanajuato, Mexico, Michoacan, Queretaro, Nuevo Leon, Sinaloa, San Luis Potosi, Aguascalientes, Puebla, Zacatecas, Sonora, Colima, and Chihuahua. Likewise, Mexico is easily reached from anywhere, as confirmed by attendance to past editions of visitors from 39 countries.
Source: Packaging World - Packaging news, trends & innovations