Relays react to small changes in current that can occur due to insulation or grounding failure.
The DEA71 features fixed trip levels which offer time-saving installation, with a reliable tripping level and safety against tampering. It provides the ability to adjust trip levels and includes an adjustable time delay; a lockable front cover provides further tamper protection.
A key advantage offered by DEA71 and DEB71 is avoidance of nuisance tripping in the circuit, in accordance with the EN 60947-2 Annex M norm. Two separate alarm outputs allow for a warning signal to be generated before a shutdown is necessary. Their compact (35 mm wide) housing preserves valuable panel space.
The DEA71 and DEB71 perform crucial monitoring of earth leakage, prolonging machine life by limiting damage from ground faults as well as reducing fire risk. They conform to global standards such as UL 508, CSA C22.2 and EN 60947-2 Annex M.
The features include:
• DEA71 includes two models with fixed trip setting: 30 mA and 300 mA
• DEB71 includes two models with adjustable trip levels: 30 mA to 5 A and 300 mA to 30 A
• 2 SPDT relay outputs, for warning and for alarm
• 24 vAC to 240 vAC power supply
• NORM DIN-rail housing 35 mm
• Lockable lid on adjustable models (DEB71)
Source: Packaging World - Packaging news, trends & innovations