Control Techniques' new guide provides a comprehensive review of the core communication technology used within the various Fieldbus and Ethernet system available to drive engineers.
- An introduction to Fieldbus systems
- An overview of the drivers behind Fieldbus selection such as centralised vs. decentralised control and physical network topology
- Guidelines on network selection and design including, cabling, termination and grounding
- Integration of IT networks and Fieldbus systems
- An introduction to each of the main Fieldbus and Ethernet systems such as PROFIBUS, EtherCAT and PROFINET
Source: Control Techniques News